About Annamarie 2012
What can I say about myself…I am a woman in my (gulp!) mid-forties. In my earlier 40’s I was sleep walking through life. I found myself working 50 + hours a week, housed in a body that was “borderline obese”, and feeling absolutely powerless. I didn’t experience anything as dramatic as a nervous breakdown; however, I did “wake up”.
My lifelong learning, including the spiritual teachings of Christ, Buddha, Dalai Lama, Lao Tzu, Eckhart Tolle, Dr. Wayne Dyer, and many others, provided me with a spiritual foundation that allowed me to question my status quo. The support and coaching of my beloved family, friends, and many super wise teachers, kept my feet planted.
What I realized through meditation, mindfulness practice, and letting go of past and future “shoulds”, is that I didn’t want “things”. What I wanted was to:
- create beauty.
- provide a safe space of strength, purpose, and exploration.
- be an inspiration to others by living as an example of compassion, love, peace, and wellness.
- support and fortify the evolution of spirit.
I discovered my life purpose, and consequently, I have evolved my life to encompass all of the above “wants” through defining and living my core values. In living my core values I can keep the form of my life purpose in focus.
The Buddhist proverb; “When the student is ready the teacher will appear.” has been a recurring experience throughout my personal journey. These many blessings in my life have brought me to the possibility of “paying it forward”; to be the teacher that appears when the student is ready. I find myself pulled to help others through their life’s challenges and transitions.
I have completed the core curriculum and am currently working toward certification as a Life Coach with the Coach Training Institute. I selected CTI for my coach certification training because they teach a Co-Active® Coaching method that emerges from the core belief that the client already has the answers. Utilizing CTI’s methods, the coach stimulates conversation that encourages curiosity and playfulness about life’s challenges. It provides a safe, nonjudgmental space where life’s potential can be explored, and through action and accountability, an evolution of thought and spirit can flow.
The amazing thing about this process is that in living my values and “walking the walk”, the material things I always desired became a reality.
- I spend my life with my perfect complement – my husband, “soul mate”, and best friend- and two wonderfully spoiled German Shepherd’s.
- I live on a gorgeous, nurturing, and peaceful farm.
- I have a studio in which I build and create.
- I enjoy a handful of female friends that I adore and with whom I feel truly connected.
- I am blessed with a family that I love beyond words.
- I am building a business that energizes me.
- I possess a physical strength and wellness that I didn’t think possible. (I lost over 30 lbs., competed in 3 triathlons, and raced in a number of 5K’s)
- I am living my dream!
- Coach Training by The Coaches Training Institute (blog2ico.wordpress.com)